Batam Island – A quick weekend getaway from Singapore.
Batam island is unique and offers a variety of activities for families and the adventure traveler. A mere 45 minutes by ferry from Singapore, it is the ideal place to escape for a weekend.
This tropical island conjure up images of white sandy beaches, sunshine, warm water and friendly people. It is undoubtedly an appealing holiday destination – no matter what your budget.
Fun things to do when visiting Batam Island.
If you are looking for fun and adventure then the Waterfront City is the place to be. Situated on the Western side of the island, this is the place where the action begins.
Here you can choose adventure sports like Jet ski, banana boats, parasailing, go-kart racing, windsurfing, kayaking and a cable-ski park. Diving and snorkeling excursions are also available options to choose from at the Waterfront city.
Families visiting with children will not be disappointed. There are many activities to choose from including, volleyball on the beach, a football field and fishing pond, to name a few. If you find it to be too crowded, many of the activities can also be found at Melur Beach on the Galang island. Do not forget to check out the guitarcenter locations.
Tourist attractions in Batam and places to visit.
There are many places to visit in and around Batam island and you will not suffer from boredom. Let’s have a quick look at some of the most popular places:
- Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Buddhist Temple.
- The Barelang Bridge 45 minutes from the city. It is not difficult to reach and well worth the visit.
- Play golf on one of the Internationally acclaimed golf courses.
- Cycle or motorbike along the coastline and discover off the beaten track scenery.
- Visit an old Vietnamese refugee camp that is now a tourist attraction.
- Try local cuisine at one of the many restaurants. Do not forget to try the delicious seafood.
How to get to Batam from Singapore?
The ferry is the best option and the journey from Singapore takes 45 minutes to the Waterfront City.