Tourism Central and South America.
Travelling to Central and South America can be a real adventure. Maybe you already have your ticket(s) booked and need to do some research about places to visit, where to sleep and eat and popular tourist attractions.
My name is Nelieta and I am the author of Nelmitravel.com. I have been living for more than 5 years in Argentina and have travelled to many countries in South America.
Travel Costa Rica.
Let`s start with Central America in particular the beautiful Costa Rica! Costa Rica is pretty special because it has the Pacific Ocean to the West and the Caribbean Sea to the East. The warm water in the Caribbean is ideal for snorkeling, surfing and diving. Manzanillo Beach is a very popular scuba diving spot and comes highly recommended by the locals. If you like sunbathing then the Costa Rica Beaches will not disappoint.
Costa Rica with it`s tropical climate is ideal for nature and beach lovers. They believe strongly in nature preservation and here you will find unspoilt beaches and nature. Other places to visit include:
- Tortoguero National Park – Here you will be able to see turtles.
- Puerto Viejo and Limon has beautiful beaches.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is a quant fishing village.
- Corcovado National Park is also an excellent place to dive.
Travel Colombia – Bogota.
Next stop is Colombia. Bogota is the Capital of Colombia and also the largest city. It is often called a City of Contrast and offers a unique experience to first time travellers . Tourism Bogota is thriving and you will have an opportunity to visit many interesting places like:
- The Botero Museum is a treat for art lovers. In fact you don`t have to be an art fanatic to enjoy the paintings and sculptures of Botero. It is a fascinating museum and is surrounded by other smaller museums. Here you can spend the whole day, eating and drinking in the cafe.
- Mount Monseratte is a popular lookout point that provides an exceptional panoramic view of the city.
- Ciclovia – Every Sunday the city closes many avenues and only bicycles,in-line skating, walking and running is allowed. You will experience a different side of the city!
- Laguna de Guatavita – The beautiful lake where the legend of El Dorado originated is a must visit.
- Don`t forget about the nightlife and many restaurants where you can try the local cuisine.
Travel Peru – Lima.
Peru in South America is famous for the breathtaking Inca Trails and Machu Picchu. Let`s look at Inca Tourist Attractions in Lima
- Machu Picchu – one of the most famous historical sites in the world. The work of the Inca people will take your breath away especially when you see each stone fitting into one another. Keep in mind that this city was built in the 15th century and had more than 500,000 people living here. I cannot recommend this enough.
- Inca Trails – Follow the footsteps of the Inca people to Machu Picchu. A very popular hiking route. The Inca Trails and Machu Picchu is a 4 day hike.
- Isla del Sol is the largest island on Lake Titicaca and the only way to get there is by boat. It is not part of Peru but Bolivia but you will also be able to see Inca ruins here. A fascinating place to visit.
South America – the place to be.
Santiago de Chile is the Capital of Chile. A vibrant city with a booming economy. The city has a modern infrastructure, Metros and roads. It is probably the most modern city in Central and South America. There are three main districts in Santiago de Chile. If you are looking for Accommodation in Santiago de Chile then I recommend you look for places in one of them:
- Barrio Bellavista – A picturesque neighborhood with a Bohemian vibe. I stayed here on my last visit to the city.
- Providencia – In the heart of the city and in walking distance from shopping centers, nightlife and restaurants.
- La Condes – is a mixture of residential houses, commercial buildings and urban architecture.
Last but not least – Argentina! Most people start their Argentine adventure in Buenos Aires. They say that tango was born in Buenos Aires. You cannot leave without seeing a Tango Show in Buenos Aires . Where are the best places to see a show. Please note there are free shows in the city but they are nothing compared to a paid show where you can sit down for a meal and watch the best tango dancers perform. Prices vary between ARS 250 and ARS 400 for a dinner and dance show.
- El Viejo Almacen – Combines tango and folk music.
- Esquina Carlos Gardel – One of the most famous tango composers in the history of tango. This show comes highly recommended and the quality of the show is excellent. Good food and wine is served.
- Tango Porteño – is situated close the Obelisk, a very famous landmark in Buenos Aires. The show has an orchestra and 32 performers.
Tickets are not difficult to find and most Hotels and Hostels sell tickets and offer transfers to and from the venue.
It is not down in any map; true places never are“.