Coconut oil from Thailand
This post is not strictly travel related but seeing that I purchased it on a recent visit to Thailand I thought it fit to publish here.I have been battling with very dry hair for the last year and considered cutting my hair short because I couldn`t find a cheap product to restore the condition of my hair. Salon treatments worked out too expensive and I found that I needed to go twice a month if I wanted to see an improvement. I had a discussion with my friend about it and she told me that she bought coconut oil in the Seychelles and it worked wonders.
The search was on!
I was thrilled to find coconut oil in Koh Samui, Thailand and immediately purchased a bottle. I still had no idea if it would do the trick or not. The bottle didn`t come with any instructions so the next day I used a generous helping to rub into my hair. I quickly realized that I only needed a little. I waited for 2 hours and then rinsed it as normal and used my own conditioner. I couldn’t believe it! My hair felt soft and not dry at all. I stocked up and bought two bottles to take home. A bottle cost me less than $3!
Much has been written and published about coconuts and the oil, especially the health benefits. This popular nutritional oil derived from the meat of matured coconuts and can be found in tropical places and used extensively in Thailand,Shri Lanka,Philipenes etc. I was astounded by all the uses for this natural oil and now I am sorry that I didn`t buy more!
Health benefits of Coconut Oil and ways to use it
- A gentle eye make-up remover.
- A natural diaper cream without all the chemicals that also fights bacteria.
- Hair care: It is an excellent masque without added fragrances and chemicals. Leave on for 5 minutes and shampoo as normal. It is effective in reducing the protein loss. If you massage your scalp with the oil then it will also reduce dandruff.
- Soothes earache.
- Massage oil.
- Reduce frizz: Brush a very small through your locks and you will be surprised to see how it reduces frizz.
- Dry feet cure: Mix coconut oil with salt. It exfoliates and nourishes.
- Weight loss.
Coconut Oil has no known side effects. I found many products in Koh Samui and prices varied from 60 to 360 Baht.
Where: Koh Samui,Thailand
When: 13 March 2013