Tips for using Expedia.com
Expedia.com is a popular online travel agency where you can book flights, accommodation and car rental. Their online site makes it easy to plan and book a business trip or a holiday.
How does Expedia work and what tips can I offer for first time users?
Many travellers use Expedia to book hotels and flights. From experience I have learnt that you can save a lot of money if you book a flight and your hotel accommodation at the same time. You can find really good deals if you have the time to browse and compare prices.
- If you find a good deal and want to book, read the fine print. Some of these deals are nonrefundable and non-changeable. If your plans are flexible then you don`t have anything to worry about.
- Before booking pay a visit to your local travel agency and compare prices. Sometimes prices are cheaper at other travel agencies.
- The nice thing about Expedia is that they will help you if you run into problems. My friend Monica visited me a couple of years ago and one of her flights was cancelled due to the volcano ashes from Chile. We contacted Expedia and within a couple of days her money was refunded. No problems.
- When booking a hotel check the prices of the hotel and compare to Expedia. It will give you an idea of how much money you will be saving – or not.
- Customer support 24 hours per day.
- Expedia has a Best-Price-Guaranteed. What this means is that you always get the lowest price when you book with Expedia. If you find the price cheaper anywhere else they will give you a $50 coupon.
Expedia also makes planning a trip easy. Here are some tips for planning your next holiday or business trip:
- Fare Alert is a handy tool to download. You will receive an email alert with information about the prices of flights that you are interested in.
- Open an account and add the Travel Arranger.
- If you are a business travel and have repeat bookings to the same hotel then add Express Booking. This will make your life a lot easier.
I have personally used Expedia on a couple of occasions. My best advice: Never forget to compare prices and try and get the best deal.