Best place to exchange money in Bangkok.
It is very easy to exchange foreign currency in Thailand. Foreign exchange booths, also referred to as FOREX, are available every where. They normally post their selling and buying rates on electronic billboards. You don`t need to present any ID or passport to exchange money.
Interesting to note that when you change currency in Thailand there is NO commission fee or surcharges. In fact it doesn’t make any sense to exchange currency in your home country before arriving in Thailand. There are no disadvantages to do a quick exchange in Thailand. Most supermarkets have credit card facilities. It is convenient and safe to use your credit card in Thailand.
Tips for exchanging money in Thailand:
1. Don`t exchange your money at the hotel – ever! They offer terrible rates and you will lose a lot of money.
2. Count your money when you receive it from the clerk in case there are some errors.
3. Most airport currency exchange booths operate 24/7.
If you want to exchange cash at Suvarnabhumi Airport then there are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind:
1. Thai Military Bank (TMB) and Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) offer rates lower than all other exchange booths. They offer 3-4% less. If you are exchanging $1000 then you could be losing a lot of money.
2. The only booth that offers better rates is Kasikorn Bank who has an outlet at the Airport Rail Link Level. You will find them 2 levels below arrivals. However, they do not operate 24/7 and work similar hours to the Railway link from 7am to 11pm.
1. Bangkok Bank offers good rates as well as Super Rich. The main branch of Super Rich can be found in the Ratchaprasong/Pratunam area near BIG C.